Why does our school have a PTA?
Our group is called Seabridge Primary School Parent Teacher Association, and has been running for many years. We’re a lively group of volunteers, who bring many ideas and skills to the group… It’s not an all or nothing!
- To support the social side of school life by raising as much money as we can to enhance, enrich and improve learning experiences for children;
- To provide those little extras that make school memorable, such as transport to the Christmas pantomime and a summer term disco;
- Each year we ask the school for their wish list which includes things like equipment for forest schools, playground equipment, sporting facilities, science equipment and much more!
Aims of the PTA:
- To bring the communities of school and home closer together because it makes sense for parents to be involved in the life of their chosen school;
- Providing enriched experiences for our children;
- To meet new people and have fun.
What does the PTA look like?
The PTA is run by a committee who are all volunteers. We have a Chair, Treasurer and a Secretary who are supported by the Senior Leadership Team within the school.
The PTA is then supported by a group of parents, grandparents and carers who support the school and fundraising in a number of ways.
We’re parents and carers – just like you! Not so long ago we were new too!
What the PTA have funded with the money raised:
We always try to respond when asked to help the school, and after the work is done, it’s so rewarding to see the children enjoy new resources and equipment provided by the PTA.
Over the past 3 years we have refurbished the library, provided the arctic cabin for forest school, provided a book vending machine and provided science and orienteering equipment.
How we keep you up to date with our activities:
Facebook – We post notices about up and coming events and activities on our Facebook page as well as other relevant school/community information. Follow us @Seabridge Primary School PTA,
ParentMail – We share notices and information with the staff in the school office, who send it out to all the school parents and families.
We’d love to hear from you! If you’d like to chat to someone, please email the PTA at the email address below, send a message to our Facebook page or come along to one of our meetings.
The Seabridge Primary School PTA Committee this year are:
Chair - Lindsay Leech
Secretary – Anna Caton
Treasurer – Kirsty Townsend
To contact us please email [email protected]